EBE: An unexpected error has occurred.

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Jul 11, 2007 at 8:48 AM
Hi, this is Don from China.
I deployed the CKS:EBE 2.0 Beta 1 on my WSS 3.0 Server (URL like this: http://dummy/blog), which is configured under a windows domain enviroment. Everything seems OK before i test adding comments. When i click submit button of Comments, an error page shows, showing "An unexpected error has occurred. " The error always occurs, no matter i use any kinds of domain accounts (with different privileges).
I notice that EBE doesn't support domain features, right? Is this causing the problem?

Another strange thing, if i click a post under http://dummy/blog/Lists/Posts/AllPosts.aspx, it returns HTTP 404 Not Found (other operation here is fine, such as delete or edit a post). Is this problem related to my issue?

Looking for your kindly reply.
Developer
Jul 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Don,

Firstly, I appologise for the late response to this!

Not sure what you mean by 'domain features'? The CKS:EBE should work in any SharePoint environment. I have tried it in both a standalone (no Domain) build and on a publishing site within a domain.

Could you have alook here A solution to 'an unexpected error has occured' and let me know what the actual error this. This should tell us what the problem is.

Regards, Vince
Jul 31, 2007 at 3:52 AM
Edited Jul 31, 2007 at 4:29 AM
Dear TheKid,
Thanks for your response. Your debugging tips are so helpful that the error came out so clearly this time as below -- It cannot request Akismet.com. I'm testing the EBE in an intranet enviroment and the internet connection may need a proxy or even unavailable, so I left the Akismet Key area blank under the CKS:EBE Settings. How can I disable the akismet feature if I don't need it? Not just leave the key blank?

Remark: I've just noticed the track issue EBE: Ensure Akismet uses a proxy if needed signed to u :)

Looking forward to your kindly reply.
Don

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The remote name could not be resolved: 'rest.akismet.com'
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'rest.akismet.com'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'rest.akismet.com']
CKS.EBE.WebControls.CommentForm.OnSumbit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +216
CKS.EBE.WebControls.BaseForm.Submit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +36
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42