How I can build a new wsp file for CKS.EBE.Blog project?

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Sep 12, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Hi!
Now I'm trying to do some custom properties in the CKS.EBE.Blog project and how I understand I need build new WSP-file which named cks.ebe.asp? I have build project - all successfully.
Then I'm try addsolution and deploysolution, I have error when activate feature "Filed to find the XML at location '12\Template\Features\CKS EBE WebApp\feature.xml'", I have checked folder "CKS EBE WebApp" and it's absent there.
Could you help me with build of new WSP file fro CKS.EBE.Blog Feature?
Developer
Sep 21, 2007 at 10:00 PM
There is a solution project in the source code (not sure if you can see it?).

What are you trying to achieve? You shouldn't really need to build a new .wsp

Vince
Sep 23, 2007 at 3:00 PM
Hi TheKid.
Ok what I need in order:
1. I'm create a new Site via Blog Template
2. Add & Deploy CKS.EBE.Blog Feature
3. Activate it
And now I'm describe what I need exactly:
After activation of CKS.EBE.Blog Feature we getting some additional fields such as "BlogTitleForUrl " and etc... when we Creating post
And my task is consist in do to some custom Fileds such as "BlogTitleForUrl " or others type, but I don't understand it how can I do it yet
If you can help me to investigate this problem?
Developer
Sep 27, 2007 at 12:18 AM
You can either add them manually...if you are only doing one or two.

Alternatively you will need to create your own Feature to add the columns you require. If you download the source code for the EBE you will see the FeatureReceiver class which performs this functionality for the EBE. You will need to create your own class library with your custom receiver and deploy a feature. Your feature does not need to do aything more that call the code in your class when it is activated.

HTH, and feel free to come back to me.

- Vince