Using Tag Browser for Lookup columns

Topics: General/Misc.
Oct 4, 2007 at 8:19 AM
I've been playing with the Tag Cloud and Tag Browser web parts, and they are working very well for browsing documents based on tags enterred into my custom "single line of text" Tags list column.

I wanted to take this a step further by using these controls to provide an alternative navigation path, this time based on the value of a "lookup" custom list column. The column allows multiple selections from a list of values provided in a different Sharepoint list.

The Tag Cloud control is doing exactly what I want (I set the delimiter to ";"). However I have not found a way to use the Tag Browser (or any other web part) to display the list of items with the selected "tag". When I configure the Tag Browser to use my custom property and browse to it from the Tag Cloud, I get an error
The "SPTagBrowser" Web Part appears to be causing a problem. One of more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.
It looks like this control does not work for Lookup columns. However I don't think my requirements are that unusual. Can anyone advise on whether it's possible to do make this work, or if not, whether this may be supported in the next release of these web parts?

thanks
Tom
Oct 26, 2007 at 3:32 AM
Hi Tom,

I am not able to get the Tag Browser work. Somehow I am getting an "unknown error" as soon as I navigate to the Tags.aspx page from the tag cloud. I would appreciate if you could give me some clue as to how you implemented it.