SSN Membership: Error while approving a new membership user

Topics: General/Misc.
Oct 26, 2007 at 10:59 PM
While i'm approving a new membership request, at membership request list, the System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) error has throw. I've located the code excerpt wich throw this error:
(...)
System.Web.Security.Membership.CreateUser(userName, tempPassword, emailAddress, passwordQuestion, passwordAnswer, true, out createStatus);
(...)

Anyone can help me with this? I've tried to add IUSR_MACHINENAM in administrators group but this not solve the problem.
Nov 1, 2007 at 7:01 PM
Hi Fabio,
do your registration emails go out to the registering / membership requesting user correctly?
Txs
WERNER

fabio_mastelari wrote:
While i'm approving a new membership request, at membership request list, the System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) error has throw. I've located the code excerpt wich throw this error:
(...)
System.Web.Security.Membership.CreateUser(userName, tempPassword, emailAddress, passwordQuestion, passwordAnswer, true, out createStatus);
(...)

Anyone can help me with this? I've tried to add IUSR_MACHINENAM in administrators group but this not solve the problem.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:29 AM
The membership request mail's going out correctly, but this membership approval error, occours before of command wich sent the approval success email.

The exception has trow exacly here:

System.Web.Security.Membership.CreateUser(...)

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Fabio,

Did you change anything to have the mail request working? I can approve the users but they won't receive any email. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Nov 26, 2007 at 11:13 AM
I've fixed!
Was a problem with permissions in temporary files located in dotnet framework folder in windows directory.

Thanks!
Nov 26, 2007 at 1:40 PM
Could you pls be more specific which permissions did you add/change?

fabio_mastelari wrote:
I've fixed!
Was a problem with permissions in temporary files located in dotnet framework folder in windows directory.

Thanks!