CKS:Getting Categories and Themes to work.

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Nov 26, 2007 at 4:41 PM
Hi all,

I've only recently started with sharepoint i.e today, and i've been trying to get the enhanced blog edition up and running.
I have it added as a solution and can activate the feature on a blog site, but I cannot seem to get the themes to work or the categories to filter the blog posts.
I'm using the beta 2 release and I have a feeling it may be to do with the way i set up the initial blog site.

What is the optimal way for creating an enhanced version of the blog site? Is it first create a new site of template type blog and then activating the feature? or an alternative route....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott C
Developer
Nov 26, 2007 at 8:13 PM
Scott,

You will need to ensure that the WebApplication feature is first activated in central administration. Application Management->Application Features

Have a look at the installation guide here https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=CKS&ReleaseId=4473

Vince
Nov 27, 2007 at 8:11 AM
Success! Thanks! One thing though, as the custom themes lack webparts is there anyway to bring through the calender functionality of the old blog style?
Developer
Nov 27, 2007 at 8:31 AM
You can add a WebPartManager and add the webpart to the page...you will obviously need to style it, but it should work.

You could also modify the MonthCount.xsl to produce a calendar instead of a list of months and counts.

Vince
Nov 27, 2007 at 9:38 AM
Interesting, thanks again.
Developer
Dec 3, 2007 at 8:56 PM

This location doesn't resolve to anything. I can't find an installation guide anywhere. Has it moved?

-J
Developer
Dec 4, 2007 at 9:07 AM
Sorry, that release is hidden.

I have added the documentation to the current release so that it can be downloaded.

Vince
Developer
Dec 4, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Sorry, that release is hidden.

I have added the documentation to the current release so that it can be downloaded.

I need the “Deployment User Guide” referenced in the Installation section of the document you added.

-J
Developer
Dec 4, 2007 at 8:00 PM
I have added the install guide as well.

This post http://www.sharepoint-templates.org/sites/blog/archive/2007/06/24/community-kit-for-sharepoint-enhanced-blog-edition-beta1.aspx from Brent points to a screen cast which also may help.

Vince