Theme / Style error

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Mar 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I have CKS:EBE successfully installed and running on 3 productions sites... no issues.  I created a new site collection with the standard Blog template and activated the CKS EBE feature -- everything appears to be fine, but the theme is not applied (just using the Default, but same results with Clean or any other theme).  More specifically, the theme.master is OK, but the main.css styles are not applied.  Note: I was also able to go back and create a test blog in the original site collection with no issues as expected.

When I try to open the file directly in the browser (e.g. http://intranet.acme.com/blogs/Themes/Default/main.css) I get the following error: 

The site with the id 3ad2d31e-0724-4551-88f5-69d2e317c08c could not be found.

[FileNotFoundException: The site with the id 3ad2d31e-0724-4551-88f5-69d2e317c08c could not be found.]
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id, SPFarm farm, SPUrlZone zone, SPUserToken userToken) +1116
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id) +149
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.<>c__DisplayClass3.<EnsureAuthenticatedRights>b__0() +148
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state) +73
   Microsoft.SharePoint.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2() +592
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) +319
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param) +571
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) +135
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.BlobCache.EnsureAuthenticatedRights(Guid siteID) +593
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.BlobCache.RewriteUrl(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3705
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

I then try to upload a new style sheet (styles.css), but it also cannot be accessed -- just a different error:

Updates are currently disallowed on GET requests. To allow updates on a GET, set the 'AllowUnsafeUpdates' property on SPWeb.

[SPException: Updates are currently disallowed on GET requests.  To allow updates on a GET, set the 'AllowUnsafeUpdates' property on SPWeb.]
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.UpdateMembers(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidScopeId, Int32 lGroupID, Int32 lGroupOwnerId, Object& pvarArrayAdd, Object& pvarArrayAddIds, Object& pvarArrayLoginsRemove, Object& pvarArrayIdsRemove, Boolean bSendEmail) +384
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPUserCollection.UpdateMembers(Object objUpdateInfo, Object objRemoveLogins, Object objRemoveIds, Boolean fSendEmail) +685
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPUserCollection.AddCollection(SPUserInfo[] addUsersInfo) +3180
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPUserCollection.Add(String loginName, String email, String name, String notes) +381
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.EnsureUser(String loginName) +558
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.<>c__DisplayClass3.<EnsureAuthenticatedRights>b__0() +369
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state) +73
   Microsoft.SharePoint.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2() +592
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) +319
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param) +571
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) +135
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.BlobCache.EnsureAuthenticatedRights(Guid siteID) +593
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.BlobCache.RewriteUrl(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3705
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Stranger still... I CAN access all of the .xsl files in the Default\Themes\ folder, but not any of the images (.jpg, .png, .gif).  ALL the files apppear fine via SharePoint Designer (SPD). 

Finally... I copy the main.css to maincss.txt and update the reference in theme.master and the style sheet is properly applied!

So... what is CKS:EBE (or SharePoint itself) doing specifically for CSS and image files, but not a text file?  I do not see any specific handler in the code, but something is happening...

Note:  In the stack trace I see references to SPWeb.EnsureUser and SPUserCollection.UpdateMembers, but I am logged in as MossAdmin which is both a Site Collection Admin and Site Owner.  I've also tried recreating the site collection, creating a sub site within this collection, and re-activating the CKS:EBE features at the Web App and Site level -- no dice.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Jerry T