Does VE Maps work on MOSS SP1?

Jan 22, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Did anyone manage to have Virtual Earth work on MOSS SP1? The installation/re-installation works like a charm, but as soon as I add the Campus Maps web part on a page, a browser windows keep saying "Error! There was an error in the callback.80|/wEWBgLC5pMRA...." I see the map, but this message keeps being prompted every few sec...
Jan 28, 2008 at 3:55 PM
I am getting the same error on a non SP1 installation. I had it working on my dev box. Any clues yet? Thx, Gerard

Tourpe wrote:
Did anyone manage to have Virtual Earth work on MOSS SP1? The installation/re-installation works like a charm, but as soon as I add the Campus Maps web part on a page, a browser windows keep saying "Error! There was an error in the callback.80|/wEWBgLC5pMRA...." I see the map, but this message keeps being prompted every few sec...

Jan 31, 2008 at 6:31 PM
No I haven't found why it doesn't work yet. I'm starting to wonder if it's because I have Ajax .Net 3.5 installed.
{quote}
jgmliu wrote:
I am getting the same error on a non SP1 installation. I had it working on my dev box. Any clues yet? Thx, Gerard

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:00 PM
Anybody got a solution to this? Same problem here, MOSS SP1. If I ignore the error and go ahead to install the second Web Part: Campus Landmarks, the page enters the Web Part Maintenance mode. What should we configure on the first Web Part, actually? The Implementer's Guide mentions this but what values should we put on the “Push Pin Data Source Class” and the “Push Pin Data Source Assembly” options?
Feb 2, 2008 at 4:20 AM
hey - i was havign the same issues but i had misconfigured the connection string(s) in the configuration list.
Feb 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM
Can you please be more explicit? What exactly did you configured and what are the correct configurations?
Thank you
Feb 14, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Same problem - is there a configuration problem?, or is it something else? Any solutions? Thank you.
Apr 21, 2008 at 8:17 PM
HI, same implementation issue and callback errors
have you been able to find the correct “Push Pin Data Source Class” and the “Push Pin Data Source Assembly” options to make the VE Maps work ?
thanks in advance
Apr 22, 2008 at 9:38 PM
The default setting for the CampusMap Push Pin Data Source Assembly is incorrect.

Add the Campus Map web part
Add the Map Administration web part
Copy the Push Pin Data Source Assembly from the Map Admin web part
Paste it into the setting for the CampusMap web part.

Once those settings are applied the Campus Landmarks and Search should add correctly (And not display the Web Part Error page when loading the site)
Apr 23, 2008 at 9:21 AM
HI and thanks for the reply
In my configuration (I am using the packaged version) the values are already the same, namely:

Microsoft.InformationServices.CampusMaps, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70f326e731472906

I'd be thankful if you had any other possible explanations for this
thanks
Massimo
May 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM
Hi,

I had to add the following to the local intranet zone in Internet Explorer to get this to work (MOSS2007 SP1):

http://server.domain.com (the dns name of the site)
http://live.maps.com
http://dev.virtualearth.net

hope it helps,

Brian
Aug 19, 2008 at 10:52 PM
Edited Aug 19, 2008 at 10:58 PM
Honestly is this even worth it anymore? it's been weeks yet still no solution, VE has had serval revisions, a new SDK, ect. Lets get this working and some soulutions out to sharepoint already!!!!
Aug 20, 2008 at 7:54 AM
Edited Aug 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM

Have not had time to look into this, but this + smartpart may help

From Windows live developer blog:  http://dev.live.com/blogs/devlive/archive/2008/07/27/386.aspx

New Virtual Earth ASP.NET Control Released

Hey everyone, Angus Logan here. I’m the technical product manager across all of the Live Platform APIs.

Today we’re refreshing the Windows Live Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio (CTP). Over the past few months we’ve fixed lots of bugs and made sure the controls are up to date… but what I’m super excited about is the addition of the Microsoft Virtual Earth ASP.NET Control.

The Windows Live™ Tools for Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2008 are a set of control add-ins to make incorporating Windows Live services into your Web application easier with Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Web Developer 2008.

You can download the controls from here and we would love your feedback.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:49 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2008 at 11:25 PM
I got this working but I can't seem to get the Push Pins to display data.  I figure that you would modify the PushPinentities description and userdescription field.  But I can't see to get any data to display.  Anyone know why?