This project is read-only.

CKS:EBE not working on extended web app

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Jan 25, 2008 at 8:00 PM
I must be doing something wrong <g>.
I have installed it per instructions and it works great on the Default zone. But when I extend it (so that it can be accessed using AAM and ISA 2006, all I get is the old look and feel. Same page, different look. I even have them both setup to use Windows authentication. I checked the web.configs and they are identical. I tried deactivating and reactivating, no luck.
Any ideas?
Apr 29, 2008 at 9:14 PM
Anybody have any ideas?

I have uninstalled, reinstalled with v 2.0. On my internal site (using Windows Auth) which is the default, it works great. I see the themes, uses the xsl files, get 'friendly' urls. On the external site, which is an extension, I get nada.

Interestingly, on the external site, if I replace default.aspx with home.aspx I can see the them, but when I click a link it goes to a 'friendly' url and gives me a 404 (the 'friendly' url internally doesn't). Also by default the post is listed as /lists/posts/post.aspx?id=10 (for example) which does not have the theming. But if I change it to simply /post.aspx?id=10 I see the theme.

ifn' you want to take a looksee - the url is I am using this as a test before I roll out more and would really, really like to use CKS:EBE but it does not appear to work.

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:51 PM

It has to be t do with the web.configs not being updated correctly...that's why home.aspx works & the FUrls do not.

Two things...

1. Check the config entries in this post exist.
I would guess the httpmodule is missing, if not try moving above the other modules.

2. Run DebugView (donwnload from TechNet) on the server to see if there are any error messages.

Apr 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I had already checked those after reading that post and they were in there. I did try moving up the httpmodule, but that does not appear to make a difference. I have even tried moving up all the others (expressionbuilder and httphandler), but not dice, even after an iisreset.

It appears to have installed beautifully, made the correct changes to the web.config, but it still won't work. DebugView gave me no error. It simply appears not to work on that website.

I should clarify that Home.aspx looks right, but the links are broken.

May 2, 2008 at 10:44 PM
I have tried to re-create this, without success.

Can I email you a debug build with some more 'Debug' statements?

May 5, 2008 at 3:28 PM
That would ROCK!!!

Thank you for working so hard on this!!!

Just so you know, this is running on an x64 version of Sharepoint. It is SP1.
I do not have Ajax installed on my test site (the myfriedmind one).
I am using the SqlMembershipProvider and SqlRoleProvider.
The lines I have in the web.config (in the appropriate locales) -->

<SafeControl Assembly="CKS.EBE, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e8b700c069fb747" Namespace="CKS.EBE.WebControls" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
<add verb="" path="/rss.xml" type="CKS.EBE.RssHandler, CKS.EBE, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e8b700c069fb747" />
<add name="CksEbeModule" type="CKS.EBE.BlogHttpModule, CKS.EBE, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e8b700c069fb747" />
<add expressionPrefix="BlogUrl" type="CKS.EBE.ThemeExpressionBuilder, CKS.EBE, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e8b700c069fb747" />

I had a previous version (a few months ago) installed, but I uninstalled it (some changes I had to do manually to the web.config) because I was having the same problem.

I am using AAM and ISA'2006.

Let me know if you need any more data.