This project is read-only.

2010 Upgrade Problems

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
May 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Hopefully someone here can help me out. We're having problems upgrading our 2007 farm to 2010 (using the database attach method on a new 2010 farm) and all the problems seem to be related to artifacts left behind by a CKS installation.

We installed CKS (Enhanced Blog Edition) a long time ago on our farm for the blogging capabilities until we discovered the problems associated with CKS and publishing sites. We uninstalled the product according to the documentation (ie. undeploy, detract solution etc.) and everything seemed to be removed successfully. Now we have come to upgrade our farm to Sharepoint 2010 and we are getting lots of errors referencing features related to CKS, for example one error found by running test-spcontent database is below (real database name replaced by our-database) :

Category        : MissingSetupFile
Error           : True
UpgradeBlocking : False
Message         : File [Features\CKS EBE Themes\Themes\Intensive\images\Technorati.png] is referenced [1] times in the database [our-database], but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this file.
Remedy          : One or more setup files are referenced in the database [our-database], but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these files.

There are quite a few instances of similar errors in the log referring to different components of CKS.

I've hunted for any references to these features using enumsolutions and Sharepoint Manager 2007 but am unable to find them to get rid of them. Has anyone come across this problem and managed to fix it or can someone give me a clue where to start?


Nov 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have ths same problem and have been unable to get rid of thise missing dependencies/references.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I too am having the same issue.  Don't want to put the server live with errors and this is the only thing outstanding.  I've decided not to use Sharepoint for the blog going further but now I've upgraded our 2007 content db to 2010 I would like to get rid of these errors too.  Nothing I've tried so far has worked.


Nov 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I actually did end up solving this one. What you need to do is read the file paths very carefully, then go into the "All Content" view of the blog generating the errors, and find the "Themes" list. Manually delete each of the files it is complaining about - if EBE has been removed they will not be in use, or if it has been upgraded those files are probably no longer in use. I beleive the erors are because the file structure of some of the Theme templates has been revised.