not working

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I´ve spent the last 2 days trying to get FBA authentication working but whatever I try, I always run into the same problem. I manage to get to the sign-in page with my FBA web application but I can´t sign in with the user that I created for it, whatever I type it always leads me to that sign-in page again, I don´t even get an error message when I type a wrong password. The Website itself is working, I can access it via Windows Authentication, I also see the FBA User Management and the user I created for it, I also have the user in database. I´ve tried several approaches, including the more or less fail-safe script posted here: I think I deleted and recreated the site collection / web application / DB about 100 times by now taking differnt approaches but I can´t get it working.

My system was a fresh installed WSS3.0SP2 with SQLExpress2008 on a W2k3SP2 with current patchlevel. By now it might be worth reinstalling already, but already the first try following this blog post lead to that problem. There was also only that one web application created (besides Centra Administration).

Anyone has an idea what might cause the problem and how I can solve it?

Thanks in advance :)

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Ok, I now found out that it works, just not when I open the site from the Sharepoint server itself. When I access it via another PC I can log in.