Error to enable EBE 3.0-Enhanced Blog Edition 3.0

Topics: Corporate Intranet Edition, Enhanced Blog Edition, Enhanced Wiki Edition, General/Misc., Internet/Extranet Edition, Program Management Office, School Edition, SharePointPedia Edition, User Group Edition
Aug 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

hi guys ! how are you?

i'm from brazil and i've been trying to use the feature EBE 3.0-Enhanced Blog Edition 3.0 in my portal to use the function rating !

i've downloaded it at the link

i've already got to enable the feature in the farm level and the site collection level..but when i try to enable this in a site level (or subsite) it shows a message error:

This site does not contain a list 'Posts' which stores blog posts. Cannot activate the feature   at CKS.EBE.FeatureReceiver.FeatureActivated(SPFeatureReceiverProperties properties)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.DoActivationCallout(Boolean fActivate, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.FeatureActivator.BtnActivateFeature_Click(Object objSender, EventArgs evtargs)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

please, can somebody help me!?!?

thanks !

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM

If I'm not mistaken you have to create a blog site first then activate the feature.