Please post .wsp for Tag Cloud v1.2

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:07 PM
Many thanks to Chris G. for posting the source for the v1.2 Tag Cloud update. Can you post the runtime .wsp runtime binary file? My company needs this instead of the source to proceed.

Thanks,
Ben
Feb 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Hi Ben, I think you've to compile the source yourself. First install Tag Cloud v1.0. The quickest thing to do after installation is to enter enter the assembly info in the 1.2 sourcecode (now it's 0.0.0.0, check the version 1.0 tag cloud dll in the GAC for correct settings) and compile. Grab the dll and place the new dll in the GAC. That's all.
May 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Edited May 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM
I agree it would be nice to post the .wsp file as well as I'm trying to stick with deploying solutions rather than touching the web server or having to remember to deploy to the GAC on each front end server. I tried pulling the source code and running makecab to build the .wsp off the ddf but it gives me an error because each of the .dwp files is in a separate folder. I tried messing around with the ddf file but screwed things up where it wouldn't copy the dwp files into the web part gallery. Could someone either post the .wsp file or better yet post instructions on how to create the .wsp from the source solution?

Here is how I tried to build the solution along with the error I received
Open command prompt and browse to my source directory something like D:\projects\CKS.TagCloud.Public\CKS.TagCloud.Public\DeploySPTagging\bin\Debug
Run the command "Makecab.exe /F CKS.TagCloud.Package.ddf"

Error:
Parsing directives (CKS.TagCloud.Package.ddf: 1 lines)
CKS.TagCloud.Package.ddf(13): ERROR: Could not find file: SPTagCloud.dwp
CKS.TagCloud.Package.ddf(14): ERROR: Could not find file: SPTagBrowser.dwp
CKS.TagCloud.Package.ddf(15): ERROR: Could not find file: SPUrlBrowser.dwp
CKS.TagCloud.Package.ddf(16): ERROR: Could not find file: SPRelatedTagCloud.dwp
ERROR: MakeCAB aborted: 4 errors encountered