How can I use CKS:EBE withouth the Themes??

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition, General/Misc.
Feb 27, 2008 at 5:20 AM

My client is very happy with most features in CKS:EBE, Akismet keys, Tag Cloud, etc, but he requires his blog site to use the default SharePoint theme. I have not found a way to remove the default theme (green) or even to set a default theme in the server. I can uncheck the option to allow the user to select a theme but then I cannot display any other theme but the basic one (green). I remember I saw somewhere an image of the Theme selector and there was an option to select a theme called "None" or something like that (but not default). I just can't find where can I get a "neutral" theme.

Also I would like to ask if it is possible for me to drag and drop standard web parts to a blog page with a CSS:EBE Theme on it or if I need to specifically design them using XSLT.

Thanks in advance for you help.
Mar 5, 2008 at 9:35 PM

You can disable the MTF in the settings...this is in the release and may not have been there in Beta2.

By default you can't use webparts, but only because there are not zones on the page. There should be nothing in the EBE to stop your from using them.