Modifying themes

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Mar 10, 2008 at 3:34 AM
I tried copying the sample themes but they seem to lose some of the style sheet. For example if I copy the whole Wildlife theme folder in Sharepoint Designer and rename it Wildlife2 and then load it up, I don't see the background images and some of the style sheet effects.

I notice when I copy the folder, it's copying the images folder so that should be ok but I can't seem to debug this. Anything in the code I need to change if I just straight copy a theme?

Thanks!
Mar 10, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Check if the links to images in the css file are pointing to the correct theme folder. I noticed that while copying a specific theme to another blog the images folder is copied but images inside the folder ain't copied. Check this also. You renamed the folder so several links need to be updated
Mar 10, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Stoneford wrote:
Check if the links to images in the css file are pointing to the correct theme folder. I noticed that while copying a specific theme to another blog the images folder is copied but images inside the folder ain't copied. Check this also. You renamed the folder so several links need to be updated

Stoneford can you expand on this a bit? What sorts of links would need to be updated? If I look in the theme.master file it appears to use all relative URLs and the images folder is copying over.
Mar 11, 2008 at 12:28 AM
If the links are relative everything is ok. Do you use the internet explorer developer toolbar? If images are missing, can you see which location it's pointing to? Copy the code from the original to the new theme (selecting text and copy this is what I mean). Are the images available in the images folder?
Mar 11, 2008 at 1:19 AM
Well it's all working perfectly today and I'm not sure why. BTW great toolbar! I never kew about that thing.