File Not Found

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Mar 20, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Just starting digging into EBE and am running into some issues. I read the installation instructions and decided to try to install this on my My Site Blog.

1. Used the following command: >install.bat http://sitename http://sitename/personal/username/blogname
2. Perform an iireset, just in case.

Blog came up fine and looks way cool by the way. Tried to navigate back to MySite to make some changes, and now I get a file not found error. Retract/Delete the solution. MySite still no File Found but I am able to get to the Site Settings by manually putting the URL in.

Am I trying to install EBE to the wrong place? Is this a possible bug?

Edit: I also tried deactivating the feature when I had it installed on MySite and I get "Value does not fall within the expected range."

Mar 20, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Are you saying you activated the feature on your MySite?

Mar 20, 2008 at 7:27 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Thanks for the reply. I may have mislead you in my wording. I created a blog as a subsite under MySite. The feature was activated on the blog in that location.

Also, tried the manual setup path just a new minutes ago.

1. Made sure I was starting over by checking all the directories and running stsadm -o enumsolutions to make sure it's gone.
1a. iisreset
2. Added the solution through the command line.
3. Deployed the soluiton using stsadm -o deploysolution -name cks.ebe.wsp -immediate -allowgacdeployment
4. Forced the execution of the deployment with stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs
5. Deleted the blog subsite under my MySite.
6. Recreated a fresh Blog subsite under MySite.
7. Activated the feature for the new blog site.
8. Selected the "Default" theme in the CKS.EBE Settings
9. Returned to the Blog Site.
10. Still the same old blog.
11. iisreset
12. Still the same old blog.
Mar 20, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Tried creating a blog site that is not under MySite. Same results.

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:43 PM
Update: Somehow, I was a retard and managed to activate the feature in my MySite. This causes all sorts of fun and will result in your "File Not Found" when you go to your MySite page as well as "Value does not fall within the expected range." when you try to deactivate the feature on your MySite site. You will have to do it from the command line and use the -force switch to correct this issue.

Vince, by chance is there a way to not allow people to activate the feature for thier MySite to avoid this issue?

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Yep...that will be there in the next release...thanks for finding it ;-)

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.