Error when deleteing site

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Apr 4, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Since activating the CKS:EBE feature on our Web Application, I have been getting the following error every time we delete a site:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at CKS.EBE.BlogContext.get_BlogEnabledSite()
at CKS.EBE.BlogHttpModule._app_PostAuthorizeRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)_

Site deletion actually succeeds, but the end user has no way of knowing this. The error appears on all sites, not just Blog sites. The error appears whether or not the CKS:EBE feature is activated on the site.

Nothing shows up in DbgView, and ProcMon does not reveal a "smoking gun" (no "ACCESS DENIED" errors, no unusual "NAME NOT FOUND" errors). The SharePoint Diagnostic Logs are also unhelpful. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Is there any place I can go to gather more information on the source of the error?
Apr 24, 2008 at 1:06 AM
Hello. I am also getting this issue immediately after install in my farm. It is affecting all sites as well, not just Enhanced Blogs. Currently I only have the feature installed, it is not enabled on any sites.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at CKS.EBE.BlogContext.get_BlogEnabledSite()
at CKS.EBE.BlogHttpModule.appPostAuthorizeRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Sharepoint 2007 MOSS Enterprise
1 WFE
1 Indexer
1 SQL DB
SP1 installed and January post SP1 rollup installed.
Developer
Apr 24, 2008 at 9:07 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.