CKS.EBE 3.0 on Sharepoint 2010

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I have installed 3.0 on my Sharepoint 2010 installation.

I created a site collection of type blog and activated featues on webapp and site. But I don't see anything happening.

Is 3.0 compatible with SP2010?

Regards

Danny

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I am having the same problem.  How does one make a theme apply to SharePoint 2010?

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Hello,

I've tried many things to set it up on SharePoint Foundation but with no results,

Is there anyone who deployed it succesfully?

Regards,

Marek

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I had to do some hunting around then found this blog which explains a web.config change which is required to get Themes working on SP2010. The blog mentions Foundation but my site is on Standard but still required the config change:

http://www.thekickboard.com/archive/2010/07/24/running-cksebe-3-0-on-sharepoint-foundation-2010.aspx

On the EBE downloads page it says "*Preliminary SharePoint 2010 Beta 3 compatible (with web.config edits)" but couldn't find anywhere on this site which actually explains those edits!

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:49 AM

HI ,

I am trying to update the version of CKS.ebe from 2.5 to 3.0 version for sharepoint 2010 and I am unable to get the themes running.

Even i have tried this link

http://www.thekickboard.com/archive/2010/07/24/running-cksebe-3-0-on-sharepoint-foundation-2010.aspx

It is not working , moreover i am a beginner in CKS.EBE framework and i does not have background knowlege for he same . It would be great if

Can any one please suggest mee any way by which i can get this working.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Are you able to sove this problem ?. Please suggest me any link(or material) whcih helps me migrating from cks.ebe 2.5 to cks.ebe 3.0 in sharepoint 2010.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Are you able to solve this problem ?. Please suggest me any link(or material) whcih helps me migrating from cks.ebe 2.5 to cks.ebe 3.0 in sharepoint 2010.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Are you able to solve this problem ?. Please suggest me any link(or material) whcih helps me migrating from cks.ebe 2.5 to cks.ebe 3.0 in sharepoint 2010

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Are you able to solve this problem ?. Please suggest me any link(or material) whcih helps me migrating from cks.ebe 2.5 to cks.ebe 3.0 in sharepoint 2010

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:38 PM
No I was not. So I developed the whole system myself. It's actually pretty easy but consumes a lot of time. Took me almost 3 months by myself to build that cks like solution.

Dhawal Chheda

On Oct 17, 2011, at 5:51 AM, "prashil" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Are you able to sove this problem ?. Please suggest me any link(or material) whcih helps me migrating from cks.ebe 2.5 to cks.ebe 3.0 in sharepoint 2010.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I previously ran this on 2007 and have recently just upgraded all to 2010. I used the same kickboard.com article. It is worth noting:

1) Vital that you put the correct entries in web.config as the article suggests.

Only add the following line:

<add name="CksEbeModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="CKS.EBE.BlogHttpModule, CKS.EBE, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e8b700c069fb747" />

in the modules section of the web.config that your site is running on, I placed it directly under  <remove name="Session" /> element.

2) That the web app feature is activated correctly.

Regards

D

Nov 10, 2011 at 8:56 AM

It does appear to work fine on 2010. I had quite a few issues getting it going but essentially the module fix described by Dazzastanton was the main bit. The first tried this however it didn't work, and CKS EBE had obviously not updated the web.config file properly. This is what I did to get it going:

• Disabled the EBE site feature using the UI (using stsadm command line I got a NullReferenceException trying to to this)
  • Completely removed EBE from the system by retracting the solution and deactivating the feature
  • Stopped the Sharepoint Administration service manually and forced it to re-run the timer jobs in case running in the context of the admin service was the issue - I have no idea if it was.
  • Rebooted the whole system
  • Reinstalled EBE from scratch using the manual command-line procedure again. This time the web.config was set up properly but the handlers/modules were in the wrong section for IIS 7.5

The module (above) fix got most things going, except the RSS feed and pingbacks.

Fixing the handlers was more complicated because the <handlers> section has a different schema to <httpHandlers>:

•  
    • Copy/paste the 4 CKS EBE handlers from <httpHandlers> to the <handlers> section under <system.webServer> - adding them to the bottom of the list was fine, after the <remove> elements
    • Add a "name" attribute to each <add> element you copy/pasted - I used the class name in all 4 cases. This created a valid web.config and the site worked but RSS and Pingbacks were still broken.
    • Change the "path" attribute to remove the * at the front. This got it all working properly.