Adding Users To Roles

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Apr 17, 2008 at 2:38 AM
I cannot add a user to a role on the 1st try (from either the User Management or Role Management). I have to create the user, then edit the user and add the role.

Has anyone ran into this issue?
Apr 23, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Jay, did you solve your issue with:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication.FBAUsersView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments selectArgs)

You mention that you used uer management here below. If so, what was the solution? Many thanks for any tips!!!

jayjohnson wrote:
I cannot add a user to a role on the 1st try (from either the User Management or Role Management). I have to create the user, then edit the user and add the role.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:00 PM
Never mind; figured it out; needed to access it from the internet FBA extension, not the windows auth one (DOH!)
Jun 5, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Having the same problem, and I'm accessing from the FBA extension. Any details I'm missing?
Jun 5, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Having the same problem, and I'm accessing from the FBA extension. Any details I'm missing?
Jun 6, 2008 at 1:15 PM
I didn't need to resolve this issue, but I do know I was accessing the Windows Auth site and that doesn't work. Try it logged in via the FBA site see if it works for you; it looks like it worked for 'jackinthegreen'.

Jay