Virtual Earth Maps on SharePoint

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Has anyone had any success installing this on MOSS 2007 SP1? I am having a lot of trouble getting this to work. Under Solution Mangement I get an Error on all three when attempting to deploy the solution. Digging through the logs I see:

Queued timer job Windows SharePoint Services Solution Deployment for "configuration.cab", id {DBFE71EC-D18E-4D15-8BD1-49B70547B3E5}
The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionDeploymentJobDefinition (ID dbfe71ec-d18e-4d15-8bd1-49b70547b3e5) threw an exception. More information is included below. Requested registry access is not allowed.

The account running the app pool on the Central Admin site is a Domain Admin (Made it a Domain Admin to get this installed), and I am able to do a run as on registry editor as the account and successfully modify the registry (Add and delete a test key). I'm starting to think that the key being referenced in the package does not exist in SP1.
Apr 22, 2008 at 7:47 PM
Fixed the installation problem. I have two web front end servers, but one of them didn't have .NET 3.0 SP1 installed. After installing the Service Pack everything installed seamlessly.