CKS:EBE Links not visible

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Apr 24, 2008 at 9:43 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Another quick question...I have set anonymous permissions every which way I know how, and the links section in the quick launch bar on the main page (or any page for that matter) do not show up for anonymous users I'm probably missing something very basic, but no matter what I have tried so far, I can only get those links to show up after a person logs on.

Might someone provide a quick walk through of how to get them to show up. I have already tried enabling anonymous permissions on the list, but obviously have not done enough or haven't done it properly. This is EBE 2.0 hosted on Windows 2008 Web Version and IIS 7.0, and the behavior is with any theme.

Thanks,

John
Developer
Apr 25, 2008 at 10:13 AM
John,

DebugView could help here...see if there are any errors?

Is approval on on the list...do the items need approving?

Does the XSL need approving?

Try adding a slash (/) to the endof the url (defailt.aspx/) can you see them then?

--Vince
Apr 25, 2008 at 3:43 PM
Hi Vince,

Again, thanks for your speedy reply.

Excuse me for being a bit thick on some of this, but I'm not sure I understand some of what you are asking.

When you say DebugView--what exactly are you referring to? Fiddler? or something else. If Fiddler, there are no errors. If something else, please explain further how I activate DebugView.

Items do not require approval on this list, though approval is required for comments.

What's the XSL?

I was surprised to see that the theme does not show when adding the slash, but no, they do not show then either, they only show when you sign in to the site.

John

TheKid wrote:
John,

DebugView could help here...see if there are any errors?

Is approval on on the list...do the items need approving?

Does the XSL need approving?

Try adding a slash (/) to the endof the url (defailt.aspx/) can you see them then?

--Vince

Developer
Apr 28, 2008 at 8:15 AM
John,

DebugView is from TechNet and it will show if the EBE is throwing any errors whilst building the list.

The XSL is stored in the theme folder...all the files anding with .xsl or .xslt and is what generates the HTML.

Adding '/' on the end is a bug, but sounded useful to see why your links were not appearing. If they are not appearing using the standard SharePoint OOTB blog then I doubt it is a problem with the EBE.

What is the name of the list?

--Vince