Web Part Error: Could Not Find File

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:30 AM
Hi,

I've installed the WorldClockAndWeather web part but when I add it to my portal home page I receive the following error.

WebPart Error :: Method Name - OnInit :: MESSAGE - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\CKS.Bamboo.WorldClockAndWeather\1.0.0.0__180f4f49a79ede23\weatherprovider.config.xml'.

I have checked the folder location and the folder does in fact NOT exist - so it's not a permissions based error I believe. How can I get a hold of a weatherprovider.config.xml file to install to this location manually?

Cheers,
Stuart
Apr 25, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Some more info on this... I have found a weatherprovider.config.xml file and copied it to the aforementioned location. This resolved the original error but now I am receiving this:

WebPart Error :: Method Name - OnInit :: MESSAGE - The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

I've downloaded the source and thrown in some debugging code and it seems to be erroring when trying to set this.weatherService = factory.WeatherService. I'm a little lost as to what is going on here as I'm not familiar with ServiceFactory objects but I assume it is trying to load the DLL specified in the ...config.xml file. The contents of this file is as follows:

<Providers>
<WeatherProvider>
<assembly-file>CKS.Bamboo.MsnWeatherProvider.dll</assembly-file>
<type-name>CKS.Bamboo.WorldCockAndWeather.MsnWeatherProvider.MsnWeatherService</type-name>
</WeatherProvider>
</Providers>

The DLL being referenced here is deployed to the GAC on my MOSS server so I would have thought it would be looking there first - as is normal processing rules for .NET apps I think?
Any ideas anyone?