Implementing the FBA web parts for sqlmembership provider site

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Apr 28, 2008 at 4:10 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2008 at 4:13 PM

I successfully deployed the FBA components for IEE authenticating against a sqlmembership provider. My question is, given that the controls are web parts, what is an optimal scenario for exposing them to external users who want to logon? I'm currently using a custom web part page in a document library. For the login web part to function "normally", the settings for that page need to be that anonymous access is denied, correct?, so that the login fields disappear once the user's successfully authenticated. Obviously one can use the default login.aspx for WSS 3.0 in _layouts or create a custom login.aspx and locate it in the file system, but then what's the point of the web parts solution?

I guess what I need is advice on where and how to optimally expose the web parts (login, password recovery, membership request ; all which I'd like to put on one web part page) so that an external user can access them and either login or create a new account against the sqlmembership provider, and/or examples of this.

Thanks for any help on this!!