Blog Categories

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Apr 29, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Had a quick question for you. I have been all over the interent looking for an answer to this question and came across the Enhanced Blog that does exactly what I need. I have a SharePoint Blog that on the home page I turned into an XSLT Dataview. Once I did this I noticed that the Categories links that show up under the blog are made in one lone link and are not seperate links anymore. In noticed in this Enhanced Blog that you were able to seperate out the categories links.

I found the code that you used and was hoping to use some form of this to help out my situation.

<xsl:for-each select="string:split(CategoriesAsText, ';')">
<a href="{ebe:createTagUrl(.)}"> <xsl:value-of select="."/> </a>
<xsl:if test="position() != last()">, </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

but when i used it nothing happened. Can you give me a few pointers on this one? The one thing I did change above was CategoriesAsText
to PostCategories.

Thanks
Developer
Apr 29, 2008 at 8:54 PM
The CategoriesAsText is a column added by the CKS:EBE. It is created by an event handler on the Posts list when a post is updated.

Essentially when you have a Multi Value Lookup Column in SharePoint an SPQuery will not return the contents of that column. The EBE uses the CategoriesAsText column to get around this limitation.

You will need to look at the EBE code to see how this is done.

--Vince