This project is read-only.

CKS:IEE Given Key in Dictionary error

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
May 5, 2008 at 7:13 PM
I'm trying to deploy the IEE solution into my production environment, but when I try to open the FBA User Management page (UsersDisp.aspx) I get an error that says the "Give Key was not found in the Dictionary". I'm able to open the other web parts, just not this one. I looked in the web.config file and the key in the config file matches the key in the GAC, so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Thank you in advance,
May 7, 2008 at 7:18 PM

I beat my head against the wall on this one for about three hours yesterday. What it turned out to be for me was URL that I was using to access the site. I was using the URL mapped to Internet but the provider was setup on Default. When I remapped the access points so that my URL was on Default and moved my other URL to Intranet it works okay now.

Let me know if you need any guidance on debugging this.

May 8, 2008 at 2:05 AM
Thanks for the help Kyle.

I think my setup is a little different from what M$ actually says to do. I have https site as the default zone and my normal internal URL set to the Intranet zone. If I deploy to the https site, I can use the FBA User Management (UsersDisp.aspx) from the https site, but not from the internal site. ok that makes sense since it's deployed to https. However -- the change user password page only seems to work on the http internal address and not from https. When I navigate to the page from https it just tells me that an unexpected error has occurred. I really need this to work from the https site rather than the internal site.

The reason for setting up my environment this way is due to the picture libraries. Before when I had my internal URL in the default zone and https in Extranet and/or Internet, the picture library thumbnails would show up as red X's on the page. Seems to me like there's an issue in SharePoint in how picture libraries use fixed vs. relative URLs in the thumbnail views.

Since most of the administration needs to be done by internal people, I'm just going to create a 2nd site, use FBA on it and point it to the same application as my main system. This way I have an internal way of adding and editing users into the database.

thanks for the help!
May 8, 2008 at 4:53 PM

I just started using this software this week so I don't have any experience with the change user password page. I gave a quick look at the code but don't see them doing anything custom that would be causing that error. What I've been doing on those is writing standalone apps/pages to try to reproduce the error with more details that SharePoint gives.