FBA - No email when user is approved

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
May 17, 2008 at 11:49 PM
Hello,
I have recently installed the IEE Forms Based Authentication Solution. I am trying to setup "Membership Request Web Part", but I have a problem. When a user is added to the "Site Management Review list" and I approve them, no email is sent.
I have added the nessessary info to the site root web.config, but this feature is still not working.

Also. I have not found any setup documentation....does any exist?

Thank you.

George. 
May 21, 2008 at 9:06 AM
Hi!
I have the same problem.
To give more details:
The Membership Pending email is sent to the user when he registers, but when the user is approved, the email with the password is not sent.
I have the latest build, downloaded yesterday...

Best regards,
Hans Erik
May 29, 2008 at 5:47 PM
Edited May 29, 2008 at 5:49 PM
-
Jun 30, 2008 at 8:27 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2008 at 8:29 PM
I am having this same issue or a very similar one.

I have a dual authenticated MOSS site using the Membership Request Web Part as well as the other FBA web parts provided.  When requesting an account via the request web part, no e-mails are sent at any point in the process.

As a side note, we have another MOSS site with the Forms Based Authentication Admin Management feature only (on the same server farm) which works fine and e-mails people appropriately.  Both sites have identical mailSettings elements in their web.configs.  Both sites are set to use all available IPs and appropriate host headers.

Aside from the addition of the Web Part Features for login, password changing and membership requests. the only differences that I can see are that the working site is based off of the Team Template and the other is based off of the Site Map Template.

If anyone has resolved an issue like this, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience.

Thanks
Nov 25, 2008 at 5:29 PM
I just upgraded my FBA from old school 1st edition before it came here, and I have this problem.

The issue is that the RequestID isn't showing up on the website therefor doesn't know you've approved the Requested ID, this started working then stopped. I'm not sure why, but my email alert has the RequestID in it but the website doesn't.

Did any of you fix your issue?