MetaWeblog.ashx Error

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Jun 6, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Hello,

I am trying to configure Windows Live Writer to work with EBE, but I get the following error.  The response to the blogger.getUserBlogs method received from the weblog server was invalid.  When I attempt to access the page directly I get "The file you are attempting to save or retrieve has been blocked from this Web site by the server administrators."  Does anyone have any suggestion on where I should start checking?

I reviewed the installation document and confirmed the folders under the Template features and Layouts exist and the CKS.EBE, HtmlAgilityPack and Mvp.Xml dll are in the GAC.  When I look at the web.config I do not see reference to a handler?  Forms Authentication appears to be working correctly.

When setting up Windows Live Writer I select Another Weblog Service then Metaweblog API and enter https://servername/metaweblog.ashx.  <-- My Blog is setup at the root.

Thanks,
Mike
Jun 6, 2008 at 10:24 PM
I figured out a work around.  For some reason I need to use a Windows Account.  I'm not sure why.  The Web application authentication provider is setup to form based authentication. 

Thanks,
mike