EBE - Too Many Cool Features

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition, General/Misc.
Jun 19, 2008 at 7:44 PM
I am very impressed with EBE.  There are a ton of features jammed in there.  In fact, it seems a waste to only make them available in Blog sites.  

MTF and all those cool XML controls would rock as independent features to be used in a team site or wiki.  Restructuring code can be a major headache, so I won't hold my breath.  If somebody were to embark on such an endevor, would it be useful to the team? 

-Ryan
Developer
Jul 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Completely agree with you...tried suggesting it with a luke warm response. Peronally I do use it on Wiki sites (with my own little modifications).

I tried to get the MTF as a seperate CKS project, but there weren't any real responses for it.

I will give a little plug though to the ARF (one of my other projects) (www.codeplex.com/arf), this is mainly aimed at MOSS websites but 95% of the functionality is developed purely for WSS and will work for Blog, Wiki and discussion sites.

Also I am just about the start a project with an Enterprise client which is going to need the MTF with Wikis and Discussions...so you never know.

--Vince