Is there a way to use the CKS User Group edition theme/branding on subsites?

Topics: User Group Edition
Jun 19, 2008 at 11:14 PM
I really like the CKS User Group edition and have created sub-sites using the STP I downloaded successfully.  This is a nice simple team site for us. 

I can add a blog as a subsite and this works fine but I have not figured out how to inherit the branding of the parent CKS:UG site.  The blog uses default sharepoint branding (as does the parent of the CKS:UG site).  I guessed there may be a master page installed but i cannot figure this out.  When I look at the site master template settings for the CKS:UG site it claims it is using default.master with the added error messages "The site master page setting currently applied to this site is invalid. Please select a new master page and apply it ".  This may be a problem with my Sharepoint configuration as I also a message "The system master page setting currently applied to this site is invalid. Please select a new master page and apply it. " 

My question is: Should the branding cascade to sub sites created within the CKS:UG site or is it a problem with my environment?

Apologies if this is a really stupid question.  I'm not yet an expert.

Hugh