WLA: How to create role assignments?

Topics: General/Misc.
Jun 25, 2008 at 4:06 PM
I have now got CSK:WLA working on a test web application's site. I browse to the site and get redirected to WLID where I login and am redirected back to my site, at which point I am informed

Error: Access Denied
You are currently logged in as 57410666f0db60efdfce9b3ca34825ga

What do I do now? Since I haven't any permission to do anything I can't set permissions for my user (Catch 22).

If I use "Central Administration->Application Management->Policy for web applications" and try to add a user with Full Control I find that I have no way by which to specify the user. Both the email address that WLID uses and the alphanumeric token are highlighted with the error "No exact match was found". This does not surprise me - in order for this to work Central Administration would itself have to be utilising the CSK:WLA assembly, which it clearly isn't (I have a debug build throwing out debug trace messages and I have debugger breakpoints set - the CSK:WLA modules are not being called).

So where do I go from here? How do I assign appropriate permissions to users within a web application under this scheme?
Jul 4, 2008 at 8:31 AM
This one bugged me, too. For answers u should take a look here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/3070789/WindowsLiveIssueFBA !
Jul 21, 2008 at 4:11 PM
Sussed it. Use "Central Administration->Application Management->Policy for web applications" and add the group "Authenticated Live Users" into the "Default" zone. I later found that I was also able to add specific users this way also. Not sure why it wouldn't allow me to do this at first, perhaps I was trying "All zones".