Tag Cloud - Installation Problem

Jul 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM
We recently migrated our MOSS farm to new servers. I am able to add the CKS.TagCloud.Solution.wsp solution using spsadm.exe. However, when I try to deploy it (using the Solution Management in Central Administration), I get this error. 

"A feature with ID 23b84e35-de5a-4615-a70e-32356ba838e3 has already been installed in this farm.  Use the force attribute to explicitly re-install the feature."

Has anyone seen this? Or alternatively, can you tell me how to completely remove the CKS.TagCloud.Solution from the farm?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:25 AM
Edited Jul 15, 2008 at 7:25 AM
Have you tried to deploy it via stsadm too using deploysolution command?  I deployed it this way onto our SharePoint web application and then it was available as a feature to activitate in all the site collections (via site settings, site features).  The user guide in the release page on CodePlex documents these methods http://www.codeplex.com/CKS/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=4820

If you want to 'reverse' and remove it, you should deactivate the site feature, use stsadm 'retractsolution' command (opposite of deploysolution)  then stsadm 'deletesolution' command to completely remove (opposite of addsolution command).

Hope that helps.