FBA Role Manager Feature enable/disable

Topics: Corporate Intranet Edition, General/Misc., Internet/Extranet Edition
Jul 22, 2008 at 6:35 AM
Hey,

Great product. got it installed and almost working however I read that the role management is disabled by default,  How do I enable this So I can see the links etc.. in the site settings please?  I can see the User Management and User Membership Requests now but no role management.

Many Thanks,
Troy
Oct 8, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Best would be to get the newset version and try again. A lot was fixed since the last released version. Role management can be switched on as a feature.
Oct 9, 2008 at 1:37 PM
you can add the role management through stsadm. look in the deploy.cmd for the right syntax.

like:
stsadm -o installfeature -name FBARoleAdministration -force
stsadm -o activatefeature -name FBARoleAdministration -url http://yourweb

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Ive done this...and it still doesnt work. Im using the newest version.

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I didn't create roles when I first set this up on 1.0 fba so my database doesn't have roles and I don't want to use roles but when I upgraded in 2008 to a newer FBA version I started getting "Object reference... error, how do I disable roles in FBA so I can edit my user accounts, I can't change password, edit account, access accounts.

I need a fix not a reinstall, I have 100's of users and alot of sites working very well other than FBA features, create and login work great.