Deploying the latest changeset of CKS-EBE.

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Aug 13, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Hi,

I have downloaded and installed CKS EBE 2.0 Final Release. It works well.

But in comments section EmailAddress' are not stored.

So I have downloaded latest changeset (16109) but i dont now how to upgrade my blog site to that change set.

I have run install.bat & upgrade.bat.
But it says CKS.EBE.wsp file not found.

Which steps i should follow? Is there any documentation about that? I could not find any.

Thank you.
Aug 13, 2008 at 2:24 PM
I just moved the new DLL file (CKS.EBE.dll which is created after building the change set solution.) to under assembly.

Hope it is OK, to do like that?

By the way, EmailAddress part started to work.

Developer
Aug 13, 2008 at 5:54 PM
That would be enough if there were no changes to non-binaries, but I think that's unlikely.  When I'm developing and testing interim changes, I will sometimes only deploy the binary if that's the only thing I've changed, but when I'm done I always create a complete build and deploy/test that, if nothing else just to make sure everything is synched.

The safest thing is to uninstall the solution, and re-install the latest.  You'll probably need to make a few changes to the post built scripts to get a proper solution file, and you can update the install.bat command file to do a re-install.  I created a separate batch file locally for doing re-installations.  See my other post for info how to make these changes:

http://www.codeplex.com/CKS/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=33325

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Developer
Aug 15, 2008 at 10:26 PM
The email address problem was fixed some time ago.

Building the WSP and using stsadm -o upgradesolition... followed by stsadm -o activatefeature -url <your url> -force should work fine. That is what I do on my blog. Most changes only involve the DLL and so the activatefeature is not always needed.

I hope to have a beta WSP available soon.

--Vince
Developer
Aug 16, 2008 at 1:33 AM
I was having problems getting upgrade.bat to work, but now that I think about it, that might have been because, at least on my server, the CreateManifest.vbs and CreateCabDDF.vbs post build scripts were including the .svn folders, which caused naming conflicts, and I wasn't getting a good solution to upgrade.

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Developer
Aug 16, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Yep, I can see that being a problem.

AFAIK everyone is using Team Explorer to access the source and so this has never presented itself as a problem.

--Vince