Theme not being applied

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Sep 18, 2008 at 7:50 AM
I have successfully installed the EBE however I'm not getting the theming applied to the site. I've gone through the documetation carelfully and all other posts to make sure everything is correct. I've verified on each front end server:
- solution is installed
- dlls have been added to the GAC
- files have been added to 12 folders
- correct entries have added to web.config
- EBE feature is active on the blog site and all extra lists have been created
- MTF is enabled in settings page with a theme selected
- all theme files exist in the site
- all jobs have completed
- restarted IIS on each server numerous times

Our configuration is:
- Main sharepoint install running under Win 2008
- Front end running on Win 2003
- Service pack 1 and infrastructure update has been applied

Any help will be much appreciated.
Sep 23, 2008 at 12:20 AM
Does anyone have a suggestion for me. I really need to get our blog site up and running but cannot solve this issue. I'm getting to the point of looking at another blog solution not based on sharepoint.
Developer
Sep 23, 2008 at 5:15 AM
There are two features...You're saying the one titled "CKS:EBE Extensions" is activated?  There is also a feature at the web application level that should be activated.  It's titled "CKS:EBE Web Application Feature"

Mike Sharp
Sep 24, 2008 at 2:15 AM
Thanks for the response.

I have verified that both features are enabled. I even tried totally uninstalling then reinstalling and still no luck.

I'm wondering whether its a Win 2008 IIS 7 issue.
Sep 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM
Yes, I wonder if it is an issue with Wk8 because jtman, you seem to have covered all the installation concerns.  Are you able to set up a  virtual server, run 2k3 and see if your install is correct? You have set up a basic blog site and applied the Feature to that, so the issue needs to be examined from a different angle.
Sep 24, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Thanks hartford17. I have installed the solution on a 2003 test environment and it worked fine.
Oct 9, 2008 at 11:27 PM
In the end, I am unable to get this working. Unfortunately I'm giving up and uninstalling EBE feature.
Developer
Oct 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM
I am running my blog on Win2008 & IIS7 with no problems, everything is activated and worked correctly.

Normally this issue is that the web.config has not been updated correctly and you need to add the entries in.

--Vince
Nov 26, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Does anyone have a resolution for this that doesn't involve simply waiting?

I've done a manual install on our production box because the install.bat left several application pools switched off when I used it on our development box, one of which was the one used by central admin!  It left the blog site I'd created in an unrecoverable state, but following a manual install on our development box it all worked perfectly.  So I have repeated this manual process on our production box, but run into this problem that literally nothing would appear to have changed!

Feature are active in the right places, web config has been updated, etc., etc.,

No outstanding timer jobs, none have any reported errors.

What is going on?  Any help would be appreciated.

-Flippsie