How to delete in FBA Management a user deleted in database ?

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Sep 24, 2008 at 7:06 PM
Hi everybody and thanks for all last updates !

I have a question : how do I have to do to delete a user which has been deleted first in the asp database ?
This user stays in FBA list but cannot be deleted.
I could create the user again in the database but I'm looking for another solution : my problem is that I made a backup of my site (with stsadm) and a restore on another server., and on this new server, the FBA User Management list now contains old users, but I don't want them any more.

It's not the only problem I have with this backup-restore operation on site using CKS:IEE, but I start with this one cause I don't know what to do to delete all users in one time.
For the others, I will check again and see what I can do before asking my questions here.  ;o)

Thanks !
Developer
Sep 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Hi,

My quick thought is that you can find the "User Information List" (People and groups and delete it there, rather than user FBA user delete?)

If that doesn't work then we might have to catch missing FBA users and offer you to delete them from SharePoint as well. Actually, I've been investigating this in the code but I've not got my Dev box setup to jump back in and test that just yet.

Anthony
Sep 24, 2008 at 8:02 PM
Mmmmm, yes... You know what ? I just feel idiot not having thought about it myself...  :oÞ
Thanks, sorry for trouble...