Which FBA folder is the good one ?

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Sep 24, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Well... probably another foolish question.... it's my day !  ;o)

There are, in the CKS project, 2 folders named FormsBasedAuthentication. One in FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\ and one in IEE\CKS.InternetExtranetEdition\ .
I always thought it was the source in the second one that I had to build (it seems to me I read it in a discussion here). So I would like to understand why, in the changeset 17660 (for which we have in the comment : 4) added this.CreateUserStep.Title = ""; to get rid of the "Sign up new account"), this modification is done in a file from the FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\ folder ?
Is this source I have to built, actually ?

Why are there 2 folders ?

Thanks !
Sep 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM
Not a foolish question at all!

The original code in the CKS:IEE branch is being refactored to remove the IEE part, and the upcoming release will have the FBA part all by itself, without the IEE part.  Zac pulled out the extraneous code a week or two ago, and updated the solution to Visual Studio 2008 while he was at it.   As soon as we get time, we're going to squash the last few major bugs and get a new release based on the new branch. 

So you should consider the CKS:IEE version of FBA obsolete...if you're building based on changeset 17660, you should go from the new CKS:FBA branch.

Mike Sharp
Sep 25, 2008 at 1:05 PM
OK, thanks !  :o)
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:20 PM
I can't build the source from CKS:FBA branch...  :o(

Here is the output :

------ Rebuild All started: Project: FormsBasedAuthentication, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
Compile complete -- 0 errors, 2 warnings
FormsBasedAuthentication -> C:\Documents and Settings\WSSadmin\Bureau\Installations\CKSIEE\CKS-17660\FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\FormsBasedAuthentication\bin\Debug\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\WSSadmin\Bureau\Installations\CKSIEE\CKS-17660\FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\FormsBasedAuthentication\WSPBuilder.exe
'C:\Documents' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(3314,13): error MSB3073: The command "C:\Documents and Settings\WSSadmin\Bureau\Installations\CKSIEE\CKS-17660\FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\FormsBasedAuthentication\WSPBuilder.exe" exited with code 9009.
Done building project "FormsBasedAuthentication.csproj" -- FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Sorry, it's in french, but the problem is on lines in bold.
'C:\Documents' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
means something like
'C:\Documents' isn't recognized as an intern or extern command, an executable program or a command file.
I think some " are missing somewhere to avoid spaces in file path being considered as end of command, but I'm not familiar enough with Visual Studio to know where I could make changes for this to work.

Could you help me on this, please, when you have the time ?

Thanks a lot !
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM
Well... ok... I just moved my CKS folder somewhere where the path has no space, so it works...  :o)
But maybe you'll want to make change in the project to let it work for any location...

Good day !
Sep 26, 2008 at 3:19 PM
I see you also have WSPBuilder exited with code 9009 - do you know how to solve that? (or is that connected in your case?)
Sep 26, 2008 at 3:39 PM
In his case, I think the command line for the post-build event didn't put quotes around the path, and having a space in the path breaks the build.  A few minutes ago I posted on your other thread, but I forgot about this possibility.  There is a post-build event:

This needs to be enclosed in quotes, I think.

Or you could simply run WSPBuilder manually from the command line. 

Mike Sharp