FBA: Customizing FBA Webparts

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Sep 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to customize the FBA webparts like "Login" or "Membership Request"?

"Login" webpart:
How can I change the HTML markup of this? How can I remove the text "Log In" which is displayed on the top of the webpart in a table cell with no id?

"Membership Request" webpart:
Same question on HTML markup. And also: how would I add a pulldown field called "Location" to be able to set a user profile property when the user is approved, so as to be able to have user automatically added to Audiences?

I assume I probably will have to touch the code to change these things(?) but I downloaded the code and could not find HTML markup to change (I'm quite a noob in this).

Error when building solution:
Also, when trying to build the solution, I got an error: The command "D:\Transfer\Tools\FBA Management\Source\CKS-17744\FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\FormsBasedAuthentication\WSPBuilder.exe" exited with code 9009.

Regards,
Magganpice
Developer
Sep 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM
The text "Log In" is set in the Web Part properties.  Log in using an account with permissions to modify the web part, toggle to edit mode if necessary (depends on how you have the web part title bar displayed) and then click the down arrow and select the link "Modify Shared Web Part".  The field labels, as well as the title text, are set in the Display section.   Same goes for the Membership Request web part.

Adding an extra field to the profile isn't supported at this time, though it's on our list of things to do after we get the release out.  Anthony Summner has an approach he's using...hopefully he'll see this post and describe it.

As for the build error...I'm not sure what's causing that, but I have a strong suspicion it's due to the .svn folders you probably have when using TortoiseSVN and SVNBridge.  Copy your source to another location and delete all the .svn folders.  Then try again.  With the old VBScript build approach you could add a conditional to the recursive function to skip these folders (or any other hidden ones), but I'm not sure how to do that with WSPBuilder.

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Sep 29, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Edited Sep 29, 2008 at 8:26 AM
For anyone else having this problem:
-------------------------------------

I tried running WSPBuilder from the command line as Mike suggested by e-mail. This helps finding the problem because you get a better error message. There were multiple problems:
  1. the path to my FBA project has a space in it -> not good. The build event should be in quotes: "$(ProjectDir)WSPBuilder.exe"
  2. the 12path defined in WSPBuilder.exe.config did not exist - so I created it
  3. then I got an error regarding CabLib.dll - this is due to the fact that the DLL included does not work on x64 systems
CabLib.dll has not changed since the beginning of the WSPBuidler project, and a x64 version was included in older change sets. So, go and get an older version of WSPBuilder and take the CabLib.dll from there, copy it to where WSPBuilder.exe sits - and now it works for me. Actually, I noticed it is included again in newer change sets: http://www.codeplex.com/wspbuilder

Magganpcie
Sep 29, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Anthony, is this true?

----------------------------
"Anthony Summner has an approach he's using"
Sep 29, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Actually, Mike, I was able to remove the title "Log in" of the login web part as you described - but I find no way of changing the title of the membership request webpart. There is no "Title" field in the options (and no other field with the text "Sign Up for Your New Account" in it).

(funnily enough I didn't even find that text in the code)
Sep 29, 2008 at 12:48 PM
OH, sorry, my code is newer than the solution I have currently installed - and Anthony removed that in the code. I guess it will be gone when I deploy my new WSP....
Developer
Sep 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM
Magganpice, see http://www.codeplex.com/CKS/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=35189 for "Membership Requests Adding Fields" - Anthony
Nov 13, 2008 at 4:07 AM
Hi,

While i try to build FormsBasedAuthentication i got the following error.
The command "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\CKS-17930\FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\FormsBasedAuthentication\WSPBuilder.exe" exited with code 9009. FormsBasedAuthentication
I run the WSPBuilder.exe from command prompt and it works successfully. 

Thank you
Zobayer Rabbi