Tag Cloud for Doc Library?

Topics: General/Misc.
Oct 8, 2008 at 8:31 PM
Can the CKS:Tag cloud support a tag column from a Shared Documents library?  I added a tags column to my library and the Tag Cloud displays those entries but when I click on that tag in the cloud, I get the tags.aspx page to display that there are no matches found...?

Also, can the Tag Cloud be installed without installing the EBE or EWE?

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM
As I've understand, this is all about blogs etc. If you want to tag any items or documents with centrally managed taxonomy-based tree-style categories you can use this solution:

After categorizing items and documents with rule-based tree-style categories automatically or maually (guided by suggestions) you can use additional navigations, e.g. category tree, A-Z index directory, tag clouds, related item links etc. to browse your knowledge network independend from the item's storage location. You can enable diffeerent views to the portals data, e.g. based on organizational structure, products and services, geographically, timebased or by contributors. Industry standard products & services taxonomies are also available for various industries.

Regards, Frank

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:29 PM
The CKS tag cloud solution is here http://www.codeplex.com/CKS/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=4820 which I have installed in isolation from the EBE and EWE, but I have come across some issues which have meant I haven't continued with deployment on our live environment, but others from discussions don't seem to have the same problems.