EBE Feature request

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition, General/Misc.
Oct 15, 2008 at 11:03 AM

First of all, the EBE solution is fantastic, and especially the implementation of MTF (Modular Theme Framework). However, I think it would be a great idea to have the MTF implemented as an isolated solution and extend it to include Sharepoint pages for content editing, authoring and viewing such as the newform.aspx and dispform.aspx pages in a list or library.

If this is a possibility, WSS could be used as a simple publishing solution with a unified look and feel for all readers and contributors.

I know there are some commercial activities in this area, but since WSS is “free” and the MTF is more or less an open standard, it should be possible to use WSS as a simple publishing solution without spending thousands of dollars.

Just a thought

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:08 PM
This has definitly been discussed, but isn't likely to happen with the MTF soon.

However you do have a couple of options. Firstly the next version of the EBE (available as a beta download now) allows you to skin Wiki pages. Secondly I have something which will be available soon (open source too) which does provide a better WSS publishing experience...watch my blog for details.