Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication.FBAUsersView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments selectArgs) in \FBAUsersView.cs:line 66

Topics: General/Misc., Internet/Extranet Edition
Oct 16, 2008 at 5:21 AM
$0$0$0$0This is the error message I get when I go to:$0/_layouts/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx$0$0$0$0I stepped into the debugger and found that "User Information List" doesn't even exist and so the function GetItems in FBAUsersView.cs returns null, which in tern causes a null reference exception. Sooooo... where is this mysterious list you call "User Information List"?$0$0$0Object reference not set to aninstance of an object.   atCKS.FormsBasedAuthentication.FBAUsersView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArgumentsselectArgs) inZ:\CKS-18180\FBA\CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication\FormsBasedAuthentication\Code\AdminManagement\FBAUsersView.cs:line66 $0   at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArgumentsarguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) $0   atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls()$0   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() $0   atSystem.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0
Developer
Oct 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM
There pretty much has to be one, as it's provisioned by WSS.  MOSS uses it's profile database.  But you're right, it's mysterious in that it isn't located with the rest of the lists.  In WSS the list is located at:

/_catalogs/users

It's otherwise hidden from view, but if you go to People and Groups, and select All People, you'll see a view into it.

You can work with it in SharePoint Designer, too.

Regards,
Mike Sharp