Can anyone please upload the files for download of the SPForum webpart?

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:29 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2008 at 10:42 AM
As I redirect to the
page I don't see any files for the download?
Can anyone please tell me the right path for the files to download for SPForum...advanced discussion board?
Dec 8, 2008 at 3:46 PM
I'll 2nd that request, and also ask whether this project is what became of Bill Simser's sharepoint forums web part? If not, is that still active under CKS and where? Thanks for any info!
Jan 20, 2009 at 10:16 AM
3rd. Is this branch declared dead? Anyone?
Mar 31, 2009 at 5:43 PM
I am looking for this webpart as well.  I am assuming there is nobody who cares about us people needing a SP Forum.
Mar 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Apprently, Bill Simser's reviving his SPForums web part with plans to release a version for WSS 3.0; until then, there's now instructions available on installing the existing version on a wss 3.0 site:

Haven't tried it out yet but I'm going to try installing it on my sandbox; I'll keep ya posted..
Apr 1, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Ok, that went not too badly. After installing ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 for WSS3 on my sandbox server and editing the web.config to accomadate that, I then installed the SPForums webpart and it works great. Anyone looking for a full featured forums package ala community server forums will be underwhelmed. But the SPForums appears to be a real improvement over the out of the box WSS 3 dicussions list offering. My only real problem with it is that I don't see any ability for users to create alerts for themselves on a given thread, and it doesn't appear to automatically do that either on threads the user has posted to. That seems a bit odd to me given WSS 3.0 has alert capability for practically everything by default, but this may be due to the web part having been created for WSS 2.0; dunno. Perhaps this will be a feature of the planned WSS 3.0 version(?).

I'd say definitely worth evaluatiing, though:.