My Sites customization problem

Topics: Corporate Intranet Edition
Dec 18, 2008 at 12:50 PM
We've implemented a feature which should replace master page of MySite public page (http://servername/MySite/Person.aspx?...), implementation of the feature  was mostly based on an article "Customizing MOSS 2007 My Sites within the enterprise" (http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/03/22/customizing-moss-2007-my-sites-within-the-enterprise.aspx).
The feature was successfully installed and activated on a production server, but it doesn't replace default master page with a new one(although in 'Site Collection Features' it is displayed as 'Active' and field MasterUrl in Webs table of the WSS_Content database is referencing to the new master page), but it doesn't replace default master page with a new one(although in 'Site Collection Features' it is displayed as 'Active' and field MasterUrl in Webs table of the WSS_Content database is referencing to the new master page.

The feature was also installed and activated on another SharePoint server which was installed from scratch - the feature works fine there.

During tracing of the database it was found that each time when the feature is activated/deactivated on the clean environment and any user's public profile is requested in browser for the first time, the following transaction appears in a database trace log:

BEGIN TRAN  
 EXEC dbo.proc_DeleteDocBuildDependencySet N'4fa19f0f-bf3d-44ff-a354-299f38e0e2de',N'MySite',N'Person.aspx',1  
 EXEC dbo.proc_AddBuildDependency '4fa19f0f-bf3d-44ff-a354-299f38e0e2de',N'MySite',N'Person.aspx',N'MySite/_catalogs/masterpage',N'ibron_profile.master',1  
 EXEC dbo.proc_UpdateDocBuildDependencySet '4fa19f0f-bf3d-44ff-a354-299f38e0e2de',N'MySite',N'Person.aspx',1,0x01000...7800 
COMMIT

This transaction updates data in AllDocs and BuildDependencies tables and as a result page 'Person.aspx' starts to use the new master page instead of the default one. But the same transaction never appears in the production enviroment.
So the problem is that the feature is never get activated completely in the production enviroment.

Could you please advise what could be a reason of such behaviour?