Is CKS:EBE dead???

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Jan 14, 2009 at 7:38 PM
No one seems to be responding to anything related to CKS:EBE anymore.  Is this project dead?  I hope not because it is such a great thing. It is by far the best option for those of us who want to blog on an Internet facing SharePoint site. 

At the very least would it be possible to get a new release with whatever updates have been made?  It it tough to keep track of what has changed and I'd like to just get the latest and greatest stable code if possible.
Jan 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM
you can look on the "Source Code" tab to keep track of the latest changes.

The project is far from being dead. OK. It has been a little quiet lately, but only on the discussions side. We are working hard on the code :-)
Hang on just a little more.

Oh. Just a hint. One question mark is enough for everybody to realize you asked a question.

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Three question marks was not meant to offend. 

Just a little frustrating because of the lack of info on the EBE side.  I do realize there's source out there, but if I go to the Source Code tab how does one easily sift through all of the CKS projects to figure out which is the latest stuff for the EBE?  Additionally, without knowing what's been fixed or new it also makes it rather difficult to tell what to download.  It has been more than 10 months since 2.0 was released.  I had pulled down older versions of the source and made several modifications of my own, but without knowing if any of those issues has been resolved I hesitate to install a new version of the code.

You have to understand that from an outsiders perspective it is pretty tough to know where things are at with the project.  The EBE is such a good thing, but it would be nice if there could be a 2.1 release or something with a list of what has been updated.
Jan 15, 2009 at 3:41 PM
I did try to pull down the latest code and deploy and received an error when I tried to install.
Jan 16, 2009 at 8:18 AM
If you would like some help, read your post again and try to guess what the problem might be.
You can't, right?

I can't either. You have to provide more information.

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM
There's no need to be rude. 

Initially, I had said that it is difficult to know which version of the code to pull down.  To which you responded that I should check out the Source Code link.  So I did, however for those of us not developing for the project it isn't easy to tell what has gone on.  Especially since there have been so many releases in the past 10+ months since the last stable version. 

I decided to try pulling down the latest version of the source code, complied, and tried to update my site with the new code and received an error. 

My initial question about about whether the project was dead.  Apparently it isn't.  I'm just a person who's really the CKS:EBE and is using it on my blog.  There have been a number of open issues that have been logged -- such as trackback and comment spam -- maybe these things have been fixed?  I don't know, I am not able to test with the latest source code.

Don't get so rude about someone asking for more information on this stuff.  I appreciate what you and the other developers are doing with the project. But let's be honest, do you think there's been a lot of information out there about the CKS:EBE in the last 10 months?  If so could you point me to the place I should be looking for the info?  When it was released there were a number of blog posts etc.  Other members from Codeplex projects put discussion threads out there to say "Sorry you haven't heard from us, we've been busy here's what you can expect.."  There was some great stuff recently from the CKS:EWE group.  If you guys are doing good work (which it sounds like you are) tell someone about it.

Again, when I initially started the thread never meant to offend anyone with three question marks.  If I was trying to offend I'd have done something like !?!?!  As I said, I appreciate your efforts and just looking for more information about where things are at. 
Jan 20, 2009 at 8:55 AM
OK. For me it is important to know exactly what you did, and what the error message is. When did you get it and what does it say.
What language is you blog installation?

Without that information, nobody is able to help you.