Problems with chatterbox webpart

Topics: Corporate Intranet Edition, General/Misc., Internet/Extranet Edition
Jan 30, 2009 at 11:12 AM
Edited Feb 13, 2009 at 3:06 PM
I downloaded the chatterbox webpart from this site and I believe that I followed all of the instructions correctly. I am able to import this webpart on to my page, however this webpart causes the entire page to refresh every few seconds instead of just the webpart itself refreshing, so it seems like an ajax problem. Does anybody know what could be wrong or where to look?

Also, it says that this web part has no list item backing. What the heck is that supposed to mean to me? Thanks in advance.
Feb 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Doesn't anybody know anything about this webpart??
Mar 11, 2009 at 7:32 PM
I had similar problems than you, bob.
First, i had problems by the source with references.
I solved that by adding again tan reference.

After that, I've installed following the .htm steps.

I put the webpart on my site, and I had this problem, with this "backlist".
I'd not understand, but i tryed something. I created a custom list, and edited the webpart (clicking on modify shared web part - miscelaneous - backing list) and I wrote the name of the list that I created.

A box showed up, however i kept with the webpart not working well.

If you discover that, please send a feedback.

Regards,
Pablo Bertrão
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM
I have been down the same exact road as you have Pablo, but I cannot seem to find any documentation about this feature anywhere.  I have posted questions on a couple of blogs, but no one seems to have any answers.  My main problem is that I cannot get the backlist to clear, i.e., the chat session remains on the page indefinitely, even when you log off and log back on.  I will post any additional information I can get here also. Thanks.

Pat Mente
Santa Fe, NM, USA