This project is read-only.

MySiteCreate - MySiteStaplee.xml not working

Topics: General/Misc., SharePointPedia Edition, User Group Edition
Feb 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM
I have successfully installed MySiteCreate and added my custom masterpage / css / images etc.
All working fine.

However i am unable to get the MySiteStaplee.xml file to actually do anything. It deploys but none of the actions in the XML are actioned!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Jun 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM


I have the same problem. Customizing the masterpage was no problem, but getting MySiteStaplee.xml to work seems to be very difficult.

I'm working in a farm environment, but I think, that this is not a reason for my problem.

Can anybody help me?

Best regards and thanx in advance,


Mar 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM

I have the same problem too.

anyone find the solution for this ?

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM

same here. any thoughts.

just download the feature, go through the described steps, masterpage changed in new created mysites but webparts do not. :/

is there an additional step for the webpartactions ?

any help would be appreciated.


Apr 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM

ok the webpartactions are now working for me!

maybe i overread the part or its not so well mentioned in the readme - anyway, here are the steps i did additionally:

check the folder "MySiteCreatePart" that comes along with the mysitecreate-feature.

1. Open the stuff.txt and copy the "Master Page Registration Tag" and the "Master Page Tag" in your masterpage source code.

2. I copied the Master Page Registration Tag just beneath the last "<%@ Register Tagprefix ..." on line 6.

3. I put the Master Page Tag underneath the <WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager id="m" runat="Server" />-control in the <form>-Tag.

4. save your masterpage and use it as described in the readme.

5. now you just need to register the mysitecreatepart.dll via gacutil. you can use the code from regpart.bat (inside the mysitecreatepart-folder).

now your ready. hope it helps someone a bit ...