Value does not fall within the expected range.

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Mar 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM
I just installed the CKS EBE for the first time, when I try to activate the CKS:EBE Extensions I get the following error:
Value does not fall within the expected range.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcome.
Mar 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Did you try to avtivate the extensions on a non-blog site template?
It will only work on the blog.
Rgds - Marcus.
Developer
Mar 4, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Which version are you trying to install and what is the language of your blog site?

René
Mar 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Thanks for the quick replys.  Here are the answers to your questions:
amosmax.  I created a site using the CKS_UGE1.0_RC1 template, but did not create a blog site under it.  I went ahead and created a blog site and then activated the extensions and it worked.
Rene.  I guess version 1, language is English.
Developer
Apr 2, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Yes v2.0 is English, v2.5 (Beta) supports other languages...

http://cks.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=16341

Try running DebugView when you activate the feature, it should should tell you what the problem is.

--Vince
Jul 27, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I am trying to get the CKS:EBE feature to be activated on site creation by using stapling, but get the "Value does not fall within the expected range. 0x8107058a" error.

I am stapling it to a  site template that was created from the default blog site template. I also tried stapling it to the default blog site template but that gave the same result.

I just want the feature to be already applied when a site is created, so that the look and feel with custom theme is already applied by default to all new subsites.

It is working fine when activating the feature manually through "Site Features" page or via stsadm.

Developer
Jul 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Pietie,

You will need the latest build (2.5) for this to work. Still in beta, but will be released very soon.

--Vince

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Will try it today.

Thanks for the quick response.