Altering E-mail text of approved membership

Topics: User Group Edition
Apr 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM
How do I alter the text that is displayed in the automatically generated e-mails when a member is approved and when a member registers?
Developer
Apr 20, 2009 at 2:56 PM
There are XSLTs that contain the text of the emails.  They are located in 12/Template/Layouts/FBA/Emails

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Oct 16, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I changed the original MembershipApproved.xslt to not include the change password page (because honestly I can’t get it to work even after I added the page to the layouts directory) so I decided to exclude those links from the xslt.  However, after I changed the xslt and rebuilt the project, upgraded the solution, the Membership Approved emails still had the original changed password links in them yes I've IISRESET and RESET ALL APP POOLS. 

The mind blowing thing is that the xslt here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\FBA\EMAILS reflects my changes???

Is SharePoint referencing those xslt’s somewhere else in the 12 Hive besides C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\FBA\EMAILS?