Regarding FBA customization

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Hello,

We have installed the FBAManagement package in a test MOSS environment, and forms-based auth working on an extended application. it's working, now In our demo site we need to some customize in MembershipRequest webpart.

we want something like this https://elearning.consilium.europa.eu/_layouts/FBA/Register.aspx
here Organisation and Destination two fields are added. same way we want add our own extra fields and update to the database.
and make it Required field.

we have some queries regarding this.
1. How to add extra field in MembershipRequest and update it's value in database?
2. How to make/remove Required value field? (i.e we added one textbox control and make it required control/field)

Your prompt will make great appreciate.

Thanks
Hitesh
Sep 10, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, but I have 5 fields I want to add. Please help someone.

Thanks,

Darin

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Have you added  the fields?  Or you’re trying to figure that out?

Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:19 PM
To: kevon.hayes@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Regarding FBA customization [CKS:61206]

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, but I have 5 fields I want to add. Please help someone.

Thanks,

Darin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CKS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CKS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 10, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Yes I have added the fields to the Membership Request, MembershipRequestWebPart.cs, etc. and all the Self Management files for the FBA portion. Then when I run the application it goes through great and spits out a Feature file to install. But when I install it on the Sharepoint site, the new web parts are missing as if they aren’t getting packaged into the Feature. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do something different to the web part files? Or are they messed up?

The Beta version of the FBA is what is installed now - and it works great. The Oct. 1, 2008 release #17901. I wish they would just give us this source code and make it easier. I don't need all the other stuff they have in there.

Thanks,

Darin

Sep 11, 2009 at 1:53 AM

The source code s/b available for all builds… I don’t fully understand what wrong but these are some common caveats… make sure your features you add have an element and a feature .xml within your VS Solution, if you are using WSP builder your code has to be contained w/in a public class or the safe controls won’t get generated, thus won’t show up in SharePoint , also make sure you add your controls to the page using Controls.Add(someControl);  Also until SP 2010 we won’t be able to debug our webparts or features as easy w/o using a try and catch block.  When using a try and catch block output your error code to a label control.  I hope this helps.

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:40 PM
To: kevon.hayes@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Regarding FBA customization [CKS:61206]

Yes I have added the fields to the Membership Request, MembershipRequestWebPart.cs, etc. and all the Self Management files for the FBA portion. Then when I run the application it goes through great and spits out a Feature file to install. But when I install it on the Sharepoint site, the new web parts are missing as if they aren’t getting packaged into the Feature. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do something different to the web part files? Or are they messed up?

The Beta version of the FBA is what is installed now - and it works great. The Oct. 1, 2008 release #17901. I wish they would just give us this source code and make it easier. I don't need all the other stuff they have in there.

Thanks,

Darin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CKS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CKS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com