Approving FBA user registration while logged in with Windows AD account

Topics: General/Misc.
Jul 17, 2009 at 8:56 PM

We currently have the CKS FBA Beta 1.00 solution deployed. The Intranet zone is Windows/AD authentication and the Extranet zone is FBA. If I attempt to approve an FBA user registration request while logged in with my Windows/AD account (site collection admin) the user doesn't receive the email with the temporary password. Even worse is the user is deleted from the DB and in the "Manage FBA Users" screen the user is displayed as fbamember:username but the user cannot be edited as it gives an error "User not found". However if I am logged in with an FBA account (also a site collection admin) when I approve the request the user is created correctly and the appropriate email is sent to the user.

It seems odd that I should have to log in as an FBA admin to approve a user registration. Is this behavior by design? Or is there a fix for it that will allow Windows/AD accounts to approve new users? I havent seen any new wsp available (i am not a coder and am unsure about downloading the source code and trying to build it myself).

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM

The source code assumes that the access to the XSL files is anonymous - you either have to run your admin from the FBA side or fix the source code. I have a WSP with the corrected code in it - please email me and I will send it to you.