User approval fails in FBA

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I get the below error while trying to approve an use using FBA. Can any one help me on this.

Timestamp Process TID Area Category EventID Level Message Correlation
07/17/2009 23:02:12.12 CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication, V (0x102C) 0x0CA0 InternetExtranetEdition System.Exception 0 Critical The user or group 'aspnetsqlmembershipprovider:nithin test 6' is unknown. at CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication.MembershipRequest.ApproveMembership(MembershipRequest request, SPWeb web) 93e99f68-4f0c-49ab-b6d8-65b3f6267dae

Jul 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Did you setup the membership and role provider in all zones on your sharepoint sites?

Jul 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Which are the zones on which I have to set up membership and role provider.

the intranet facing version is in the default zone with windows authentication and then I have the internet facing site which is in the intranet zone with forms authentication (this is where I have set up the membership and role providers).

What I find is that the cks code is looking for aspnetsqlmembershipprovider instead of my custom provider. I have configures the custom provider in central admin for the specifc site.

Can you share with me the steps for configuring the zones and the provider. I know something here is messed up and that's the reason approval fails.

Thanks a lot.