CKS:EBE Comments Not Visible. User error?

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Oct 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Hi guys,

I've installed the latest version of the EBE (I think...), and most things seem to be working.  The one part I cannot figure out is the comments, and why they don't show up under the blog.  I've tried everything I could find that was already posted in an effort to not waste your time.  Here's what's going on... 

We are running MOSS 2007, strictly for an intranet portal, document and info sharing.  I installed EBE 2.0 and got it configured and working.  Blogs work okay for the most part, except for posting to categories using Live Writer (a lot of us use Firefox or Chrome.)  For some reason, posts aren't automatically added to the categories, however, we can can put the post into the right category later by editing the post in the normal editor in SharePoint - so that really isn't that big of a deal.  The part that I'm really stuck on is the comments section. 

When a blog entry is posted, I can add a comment, but it never shows up under the blog entry.  Here is some more detailed info on teh Comments list that I hope helps. 

Permissions for the site are as follows - Authenticated users, view only; My user, full control; other admin, full control. 

Content approval is Yes

Item Version History is No

Draft Item Security is Only users who can approve items (and the author of the item)

Item-level Permissions

• Read access - All items
  • Edit access - Only their own

Audience targeting - not enabled

There are no workflows configured for the comments section. 

By browsing to the comments list, comments are visible, and approved. 

Am I missing something or is there a bigger problem?  Oh, I should also mention that I deactivated the EBE extensions and reactivated them with no luck, but have not undeployed and redepoloyed the solution.  Before I do that, I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't something else obvious that I'm missing.  Thanks for the help!

Ryan